During this course students will enhance their existing knowledge of website design and creation. In particular, students will learn:
● Transition from HTML4 to HTML5
● Create 2 and 3 column layouts utilising the float styles in CSS
● Designing for communication
● Dynamic web templates, master pages
● Image manipulation inside the web browser
● Modify web pages to be seen in older browser using conditional comments
● Construct a website using Inline, embedded and external CSS styles
● Publishing and website maintenance.
By the end of this course, students will have created a fully functioning interactive website.
The course will be primarily practical in nature. There is no formal assessment to complete. On completion, students will be awarded a ‘Tameside College Intermediate Web Design Certificate’.
● Access to online resources containing all relevant handouts and demonstration exercises written by college staff.
● All students who register are eligible for a full copy of the Microsoft Expression Web and Microsoft Expression Design software packages also students can use the Adobe CS6 Web Design package inside college.
No formal qualifications are required, although it is recommended that students complete Beginners Web Design at Tameside College prior to enrolling on this Intermediate course.
Progressing into employment, as a Web Designer, is a common route of progression for many students who have successfully completed this course.