● Leading Sport Safely & Effectively
● Working in Sport & Activity leadership
● Leading Sport & Physical Activity
● Coaching Sport
● Developing Skills for Sport & Activity Leadership
● Leading Different Groups
● Delivering a Sports Event
You will learn through hands on practical scenarios in the real world of sport and exercise. You will be encouraged to gain real world experience and undertake compulsory voluntary hours as additional work experience within the sector. You will be assessed via a variety of assessment methods including both internal and external assessments.
In addition to your football development programme you will gain the vital industry knowledge required by potential employers and have the opportunity to apply your learning to real-life situations working with local partners. You will develop a range of technical skills and attributes which will support a career in sport and active leisure as well as develop academic and study skills that will support progression.
You are required to have 4 GCSEs at grade A*- C (9-3) including Maths or English and will also be required to undertake an interview and assessment. Candidates will be expected to be enthusiastic about embarking on a career in the sports sector.
On completion of this qualification candidates may progress on to the:
● Level 3 sport course
● Employment opportunities within the sector as a Sport or Activity Leader
● Apprenticeship in Sport & Leisure