The Level 1 Business and Administration qualification has been designed to meet the needs of young learners who are either seeking employment or are already working in first level administrative support roles within any office environment.
The course consists of five units:
● Working in Business and Administration
● Creating Business Documents
● Welcome Visitors
● Using office equipment in a business environment
● Working as part of a group
A warm welcome to YOU from THE Centre of Excellence in Business.
The whole team is really excited to be joining you on the next step of your journey into the exciting world of Business.
From Administrative Assistants to Office Managers, the ability to provide administrative support is beneficial to a wide range of roles and industries. Throughout the course, you will develop a wide range of skills, from organisation to communication; teamwork to using office equipment, and lots more in between. This qualification covers key skills needed in business administration, and will develop employability skills to help you prepare for interviews and employment.
The course includes a variety of practical and theory-based classes, including presentations, group activities, role plays as well as a portfolio of evidence. You will also undertake work experience, showing you what its really like to work in a Business and Administration environment.
We will create for you, an Individual Learning Plan (ILP), to meet your needs and set targets which will be regularly reviewed to enable your progress and achieve.
Whilst we would expect students to have achieved a good level of English and Mathematics, if you have a real passion to study Business with us, but have not achieved sufficient grades, please do arrange to come in for a chat – we’re very happy to help to support you in your future.
You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including discussions, presentations, written work and practical assessments;
You will be assessed across **** units of study, ***** of which are compulsory units.
On successful completion of the course, you can progress onto:
● An Apprenticeship; working in a multitude of sectors in areas such as finance and accounting, and business administration
● Employment; often including office administration roles, office based sales roles etc)
● Education; many young people then go onto access BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Business and Enterprise or other L3 courses which act as a pathway into Higher Education.