This course is delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course.
Throughout the course you will complete 7 units in total. These include:
● Understanding dementia
● Person-centred approaches to dementia care
● Equality diversity and inclusion
● Person-centred approaches to the administration of medication
● Factors that can influence communication
● Behaviour in the context of dementia care
● Benefits of engaging in social activities
This qualification is designed to help learners develop their knowledge and understanding of dementia, the principles of caring for people with this condition and how to apply the principles of person centred dementia care.
This is a knowledge only qualification.
19-23 – Must already have a full level 2
● The course split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided.
● A recognised qualification is gained.