This is a 1 year part time course. You will sit an externally assessed exam at the end of the course. You will learn through a variety of teaching methods which will aim to meet the needs of each individual and accommodate different learning styles for example, individual work, group work, discussions, extended writing and interactive activities.
The course will cover the three main skills areas of reading, writing and speaking and listening.
GCSE English is a basic requirement of many job roles and university courses. This academic qualification will give you the knowledge and skills to move forward towards your goal and remain competitive in the world of work and further and higher education.
● Grade 3 in GCSE English
● Functional Skills English Level 2
You will undertake an assessment prior to being enrolled on this course. Your assessment should show you possess key underpinning English skills in reading and writing.
● The Speaking and Listening element of this course will be assessed through a presentation which will be video recorded by your teacher.
● There are also 2 written externally set examinations at the end of the 1 year course. GCSE English exam dates are nationally set.
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
● An A Level course in English Language or other English related subject
● An Access course in a range of subject areas
● A university course of your choice at University at undergraduate level
● Employment within your chosen sector where GCSE English is a requirement
● An Apprenticeship