This course is aimed at students wanting to explore vehicle accident repair and classic car restoration skills and techniques.
This is a part time study programme.
The course covers:
● Repairing Body Panels,
● Fitting panels,
● Making panels
● Vehicle serving
● Tyre changing
● Vehicle valeting
● Combine both theory and practical work.
● Students will also cover additional units in Health and safety, and Identification of basic external and internal car parts & supporting units. (Ask at your interview)
Course usually runs for 24 weeks on one evening a week for 3 hours 6pm -9pm from November to June.
● This course covers fixing crash damaged cars to repairing the smallest dent.
● You will be tutored by highly skilled industry trained staff. Use the latest real world industry equipment and products
● You will experience a realistic working environment, working on road going cars
● You will learn a range of skills from MIG welding, metal fabrication, use of hand tools and specialist body repair tools within the safe college working environment.
● Undertake exclusive and diverse project repair work on classic cars, modern cars incorporating traditional and advanced skill sets.
● Recognised awarding body NCFE
● This course covers a range of practical tasks, dependant on the vehicles that are being repaired during any one session- this may include:
Practical tasks on panel removal, Carrying out panel repairs including dent filling to doors, wings, bonnets and tailgates.
Trim work, such as stripping and rebuilding vehicle interiors and exteriors including glass removal,
Plastic bumper repairs.
Mechanical electrical & trim ( M.E.T.) work
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but you should have a keen interest in the field of vehicle accident repairs and vehicle body restoration..
Student theory work is on paper based or word.
Practical workshop task throughout the year
You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods
5 practical units & 5 theory units
The course achievement grade with the NCFE is a Pass
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto level 2 Classic Car Restoration