This is a part time course.
For the ESOL element of the course, you will undertake an assessment for each of the 3 Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing modules/units. You must pass all of the exams to gain the qualification.
There is also the option to undertake an ICT qualification at an appropriate level.
You will learn through a variety of teaching methods which will aim to meet the needs of each individual and accommodate different learning styles for example, individual work, group work, discussions, presentations, projects, reading and writing tasks and interactive activities.
Throughout the course you will study 5 units/qualifications in total. These are:
● Speaking and listening
The Introduction to Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Industry content covers:
Follow health and safety practice in the salon
Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
Plaiting and twisting
Skincare, make-up and nail treatments
If you are interested in further improving your level of English then this is the course for you. This recognised qualification will give you the knowledge and skills to communicate confidently in a wide range of situations and help you move forward towards your chosen career.
- A minimum of an Entry Level 2 ESOL Skills for life qualification
You will undertake an assessment prior to being enrolled onto this course. Your assessment should show you possess basic underpinning English skills in speaking and listening, reading and writing.
● The Speaking and Listening element of this course will be assessed through a presentation and discussion which will be audio recorded by your teacher.
● There are also 2 written examinations for the reading and writing modules. These will each be undertaken at the end of each module.
● The ICT element of the course will be assessed through an end of module written/ computer based assessment
● Employment within your chosen sector where evidence of key underpinning English skills is required
● A full time Level 1 vocational course in a range of subject areas