This is a part time, 6 week programme which is 1 day per week, which covers a range of child care topics. This qualification prepares learners for further learning and training whilst developing an understanding of the teaching and learning environment in a school setting. It is perfect for those with little or no experience in childcare and it will prepare you to work with children aged 0-16 years. Over the 6 week duration of this course, you will cover a variety of topics that link to child care.
Some of the topics covered are:
● Working in early years settings
● Understand schools as organisations
● Growth and development of children
● Communicating with children
This course is for learners who would like to work with children in either a nursery or school setting working with children aged 0-16 years. Subject teachers have a wealth of industry experience which is shared with learners. This provides a stimulating learning environment and promotes positive learning. The course will also help develop those all-important employability skills that will help you decide on your career path.
On this 6 week course, you will develop your skill set exploring the roles and responsibilities and possible career progression routes whilst developing core skills required for work routes in school settings.
You will be interviewed by the subject teachers and should be enthusiastic about working with children. You do not need any formal qualifications.
You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including discussions, displays, case studies, presentations and written work. All work is assessed internally by the subject teachers. The course is graded pass / fail.
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
● Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools and Colleges, Level 2 (Intermediate).
● Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools and Colleges, Level 3 (Advanced).
● Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools and Colleges, Level 4 (Higher).
● Employment opportunities working with children.
● Voluntary roles within childcare provision.
● Apprenticeship in a school setting.