In the Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Bricklaying you will study theoretical aspects of the subject and apply them to practical tasks.
Compulsory topics include:
● Organising, planning and pricing construction work
● Repairing and maintaining masonry structures
● Constructing radial and battered brickwork
● Decorative and re-enforced brickwork
● Constructing fireplaces and chimneys
This one year full time qualification will help you to gain a wide range of brickwork knowledge and skills, including some specialist areas so you can work as an advanced craft bricklayer within the construction industry
At Tameside college we have vastly experienced teaching and assessing staff that will create a learning experience to suit all needs in the trade. We provide work experience opportunities with in the construction industry. Our previous Work Experience links include Vinci Construction, Wilmot Dixon, Bardsleys plus more.
You will be learning the trade with top of the market tools and resources in practical sessions. Our learners have the opportunity to gain an apprenticeship through Tameside college with many links into the employment sector
Level 2 Technical Certificate in Bricklaying
Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
To gain this qualification, learners must successfully achieve the following assessments:
● one externally set, externally moderated assignment
● one externally set, externally marked exam, sat under examination conditions
This qualification is graded Pass/Merit/Distinction/Distinction
This qualification prepares you with the knowledge and practical skills required to become an advanced craftsperson in bricklaying. This means you will be able to complete specialist, complex tasks and also work in a supervisory capacity in your chosen trade.
If you complete this qualification you will have an advantage over those who have not done it when seeking employment, either on a construction site or commercial or domestic premises. You may also become self-employed working as an advanced craft bricklayer on new build, domestic repair and refurbishment projects.
If you wish to progress to become a supervisor working on site, you may wish to study any of the following qualifications:
● Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision (Construction)
● Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management (Construction)