This programme is a step to gaining a qualification in the Construction Industry, specifically in the role of an Architectural (bench hand) Joiner.
The course covers the following:
● The Principles of construction
● Planning and preparation for architectural joinery products
● Safe Use of different types of woodworking machinery
● Creating Architectural joinery products
● Assembly and finishing of architectural joinery products
Architectural joinery is an exciting and challenging career.
The course will combine core skills such as communication, organisation, planning as well as practical skills. Achieving this qualification will give you the knowledge and skills to progress onto a higher qualification and or a career in construction.
If you are interested in a career in Architectural Joinery, Tameside College is the place for you; we have industry specialists who will help you maximise your potential as an Architectural (bench hand) Joiner.
Whilst achieving your qualification in Architectural joinery an individual learning plan will offer you the opportunity to work closely with our experienced tutors/ craftsman, creating an array of architectural joinery products (doors, stairs and windows).
You will develop new skills using different techniques and equipment. Tameside college offers the opportunity to learn in a workplace environment with a full-size workshop, woodworking machinery shop, portable power tools and traditional hand tools.
You will be encouraged to apply for Tameside College Apprenticeship in Architectural joinery and gain valuable work skills from work-experience placements.
Learners must have;
● Progression from C Skills Awards Diploma Level 1 Carpentry & Joinery
● 4 GCSE’s grade D – G or 1 -3 (Must include English and maths)
● Successful interview with a Joinery tutor
● Enthusiasm for joinery
● Good communication skills
● A hard-working approach towards the industry
Assessments are completed at the end of the course.
Graded - pass, merit, distinction and distinction*
Part A – theory examination (multi choice questions) 40%
Part B – Synoptic assignment (practical examination) 60%
● Apprenticeship in construction
● Level 3 Architectural Joinery