This course will provide you with an introduction to practical skills and knowledge required for the Catering and Hospitality industry including subjects as follows:
Introduction to Food Safety.
Introduction to Health and Safety Awareness.
Introduction to Healthier Foods and Diets.
Introduction to preparation of foods in a variety of cookery methods based subjects.
Assessment methods include written assignments, practical assessments and underpinning knowledge questioning.
You will gain a range of skills and experience vital for your progression onto further study in this area and to employment.
Provides the challenge of a professional kitchen environment gaining the skills of a Master Chef.
Specialist front of house skills used in our very own fine dining restaurant experience.
Fantastic opportunities to demonstrate outstanding skills to high profile guests which have included royalty and prestigious organisations.
Students’ progress to prestigious employers such as Gordon Ramsay at Claridges, The White Hart, The French, Hotel Gotham.
Taught by professional chefs who provide culinary expertise for top sports stars at Wimbledon and the Chester Race Course.
Escoffier’s Cook and Service competition winners.
There are no formal entry qualifications for this course, although you should have a keen interest in the catering industry. The process for being accepted on the course will also involve an interview with a member of the catering team.
Basic understanding of Maths and English.
● You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including discussions, displays, case studies, presentations, extended written work and practical assessments whilst on placement.
● Build a portfolio of evidence.
● A mandatory part of your course is 15 hours of external work placement.
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
● Once you have completed the first Level in Food Preparation and Cooking, you may then progress onto the second level of the programme which is also available within the School of Food.
● Level 2 Technical Certificate in Professional cookery
● An Apprenticeship within the Hospitality.