The new IMI Entry Level 3 Qualifications are aimed at 14 – 16 year olds as an Award, Certificate and Diploma. There are a wide variety of mandatory and specialist units offered across the three levels. A selection of motor vehicle career development personal and social development (PSD) units are also available for Certificates and Diplomas. This gives learners increased choice over their progression routes, allowing them to focus on areas of strength and interest.
The course involves a combination of theory and practical work which is covered over 2-3 days. This course runs for 35 weeks September to June.
● Train to be a vehicle maintenance technician in our realistic workshop environment.
● Work with highly trained tutors on real vehicles and the latest training rigs.
● Learn industry recognised maintenance and repair procedures, whilst using your own 150 piece toolkit!
● Learn how to use a wide range of workshop equipment, including:
Vehicle lifts, including jacks and 2 post and 4 post ramps,
Tyre changing machines and wheel balancing systems.
Laser guided wheel alignment system.
Latest vehicle diagnostic equipment.
● Study inside our well-equipped garage and fine tune your skills on purpose-built rigs for electrical, brakes and suspension.
● You will gain sector specific knowledge and experience from guest speakers and educational visits from manufacturers and recognised Automotive Industry representatives.
To enrol on an IMI entry level 3 certificate for the introduction to motor vehicle industries and technologies course you will need no formal qualifications. Just a keen interest in the repair of automotive vehicles.
Performance is tracked and reviewed by mechanical tutors at specific points during the term. Satisfactory performance will be required in all aspects of the course for progression to Level 1.