The course will build on GCSE maths skills with a focus on real world utility. You will look at topics on Personal Finances, Estimation and analysing common data in an intuitive and friendly way.
There are options to follow a more statistical pathway, looking at probability distributions and regression lines, if you decide the skills will complement your other subjects. This option would suit students interested in the sciences or working with large amounts of data.
Alternatively there are routes focussing on Risk and Cost-Benefit Analysis which applies itself very well to business and social sciences.
This 1 year course will give students the opportunity to further their ability and confidence with maths and demonstrate to Universities and employers that they can tackle real world problems and handle large volumes of data.
The course is tailored to suit individual needs and aspirations of students and will draw on subject material from other courses to firmly contextualise the maths and ensure it is always relevant and accessible to the learner.
You are required to have 4 GCSEs at grade 4-9, including English, Maths and Science at Grade 4.
● You will sit 2x 90 minute exams, each worth 60 marks.
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
● Degree level study of various sciences
● Higher level apprenticeships in the medical or scientific fields
● Further study or employment in data science or reporting
● Further study in mathematics or statistics
● It also provides you with useful and transferable skills which can be appropriate to many other areas of study or employment.