Data Science and Analysis is an ever developing and dynamic field within our digitized world.
Understanding and commoditising data has opened up new and exciting streams and avenues for Businesses, Governments and Individuals alike. It is not uncommon for large organisations to invest in several hundreds of millions in programs and projects to fuel this hot industry.
We are offering a unique and bespoke course that will not only help you understand this exciting aspect of the information industry but as a stepping stone for more advanced streams of Business Intelligence and indeed Data Mining. You will learn data analysis fundamentals, including data queries, data analysis, data visualization and how statistics informs data analysis practices.
You will undertake units that will develop your understanding of the following topics:
● Explore Open source tools for data ETL (KNIME)
● Use Microsoft Excel to explore data
● Create data models and visualize data using Excel or Power BI
● Apply statistical methods to data
● How to apply storytelling principles to your analytics work including dash boarding
Mandatory units will include:
● Introduction to Data Analysis
● The Role of a Data Analyst
● Collection, Processing and Preparation of Data
● Interpretation of Data
● Communication and Presentation of Data
Use industry standard development tools such as: KNIME, Visual Studio, Excel, Power BI, Python, and Office 365. You will have access to our bespoke Data Science Studio which contains the latest machine learning software facilities to host your own data analysis solutions.
The high spec suites comprise desktop computers with Intel I7 Processors, NVidia 1660 dedicated graphics cards, SSD Hard Drives and 32GB DDR4 Ram.
An Individual Learning Plan (ILP) will be designed with you, to meet your needs and targets will be set to enable your progress and achievement to be tracked and monitored.
Opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with your peers mirroring current industry practice.
No formal qualification are required to apply for the course, however your competency and desire to study data analysis will be assessed at interview.
All units are ‘paperless’ with assignment submission, marking and feedback all provided through our VLE (virtual learning environment). We use a wide range of assessment methods such as discussions, presentations, written work, video and audio evidence.
At the end of year, you can progress onto:
● Our in-house Level 3 Access to HE (Computing)
● Employment within the IT/Computing sector such as Data Scientist/Researcher
● Self-employment as a Data Analyst
● Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Data Analytics/Programming (externally)