This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete six units in total.
● Understand person centred thinking and planning
● Care planning for the care worker
● Understand nutrition and hydration in health & social care settings
● Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
● Understanding continence care
● Principles of supporting sleep
Care workers play a key role in ensuring that their residents/patients are treated with a friendly and caring approach. This Knowledge only qualification will help learners to understand their role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care or support, the development and implementation of care plans and contributing to the review of these by observing, monitoring and reporting on the care activities they are responsible for.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/ Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● This course is available online and as a paper version
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
Level 2 & 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.
Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care