This course is delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course.
Throughout the course you will complete 6 units in total. These include:
● Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
● Introduction to personalisation in social care
● Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
● Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
● Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
● Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
This qualification is suitable for anyone currently working or looking for work with individuals who have any form of learning disability in order to enhance their knowledge and understanding of personalised care in this context. The qualification will provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of issues surrounding different types of learning disabilities and how these affect individuals in their daily lives.
19-23 – Must already have a full level 2
● The course split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided.
● A recognised qualification is gained.