The course content covers:
● Health and safety
● Restoration tools and equipment
● Repairing and restoring vehicle body panels,
● Fitting vehicle body panels,
● Welding metals
● Fabrication of small panels
● Basic vehicle servicing and vehicle parts identification
● Tyre changing
● Vehicle valeting
● This is course programme runs for 24 weeks on one evening a week for three hours, 6pm -9pm from November to June. The course combines both theory and practical work. You will be working in the body and mechanical divisions.
During the level one course you will gain experience of completing foundational mechanical and vehicle fabrication and welding skills. These skills are essential to undertake any vehicle restoration projects. Over the 24 weeks you will spend time working closely with an industry expert in our vehicle body restoration centre and getting hands on with real vehicles in our well-equipped body repair and mechanical teaching spaces.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however you should have a keen interest in the repair of vehicles and vehicle body restoration of modern or classic cars.
Student theory work is paper based or digitally delivered using Microsoft word.
Practical workshop tasks throughout the 24 weeks.
You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods.
There is 5 practical units & 5 theory units
The course achievement grade through the awarding organisation NCFE is a Pass
In the event of any lockdowns, the course will be delivered online through Microsoft teams
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto the Level 2 Classic Car Restoration DL0406MQ/1