● Health and Safety in the vehicle refinishing workshop
● Identification of refinishing tools and equipment
● Repairing vehicle body panels and masking techniques
● Application of foundation materials (Primers)
● Application of top coat materials (2K)
● Rectification of paint defects such as runs and dirt and orange peel.
● Assist in motor vehicle maintenance
● Motor vehicle simple fault finding
● Problem solving in the workplace
● This is course programme runs for 24 weeks on one evening a week for three hours, 6pm -9pm from November to June. The course combines both theory and practical work. You will be working in the paint refinish and mechanical divisions.
You will already have completed the Level one restoration course and be ready to move to the next level! Once you have mastered the art of welding and fabrication you will be ready to refinish your project! Here’s where you learn the basics from us! Over the 24 weeks you will spend time working closely with an industry expert in our vehicle paint refinishing division and getting hands on with real vehicle panels in our well-equipped paint refinish and mechanical teaching spaces. You will also get the opportunity to further your mechanical skills already gained in Level 1 including problem solving and simple electrical fault finding.
Level 1 Classic Car Restoration (NCFE Level 1 Occupational studies Motor Vehicle) DL0405MQ/1.
Student theory work is paper based or digitally delivered using Microsoft word.
Practical workshop tasks throughout the 24 weeks.
You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods.
There are two practical units & two theory units to complete.
The course achievement grade through the awarding organisation NCFE is a Pass
In the event of any lockdowns, the course will be continued and delivered online through Microsoft teams
Join one of our fantastic other introductory courses in the Tameside college Automotive Department .