This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete five units in total.
● Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context
● Understand factors that may affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health
● Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
● Understand the impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
● Understand how to support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns
This knowledge only qualification is suitable for learners who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of the risks factors which may affect the mental well-being of children and young people.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● The course is available online or as a paper version.
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor.
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
Level 2 Certificate in understanding mental health
Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
Diploma in Children and Young People’s Workforce