This programme is the first step to gaining a qualification in the Construction Industry, specifically in the Plumbing sector.
The course covers the following units:
The course covers the following Basic Plumbing skills:
● Introduction to Health and Safety within Construction, The purpose of this unit is for the learner to gain a knowledge and understanding of the practices and procedures to maintain a safe working environment.
● Bending copper tubes and fabrication, Learners will gain practical processes in selecting the correct tools to fabric various types of copper & plastic pipe bends used within plumbing installation.
● Connecting a range of pipes to fittings and appliances, The activities within this unit includes various pipe jointing techniques (solider joints,compression pipe joints and push-fit waste and pressure pipe joints). These skills will be used to complete assessment targets such as connecting appliances to the water supply.
This course has been designed to give both practical hands on skills and an understanding of the plumbing industry with some health and safety for the construction industry also included. The course is for Homeowners/ DIY enthusiasts/ Maintenance people and individuals looking to take the first steps towards a career in the plumbing industry.
Plumbing is an exciting and challenging career. The course will combine core skills such as communication, organisation, planning as well as practical skills. The course will give you the knowledge and skills to progress into a higher qualification.
* Tameside College is at the forefront when it comes to construction especially in the much sort after plumbing sector .
* Experienced tutors and pioneering online learning resources ensures all training is up to date with current legislation and standards.
* Tameside College plumbing department promotes a friendly environment, where learners can discover at their own pace.
* An Individual Learning Plan will be designed for your needs
* You will work with the latest industry tooling as used by Plumbing specialists..
* On your course you will learn vital skills which will assist you in Plumbing tasks around your home
* You will be encouraged to progress your learning within the vocation.
Learners must have;
● Successful interview with an Plumbing tutor
● A genuine interest in the subject
● Good communication skills
● A hardworking approach towards the industry
Assessment is ongoing throughout the duration of the course. We will ask you to complete practical assessments, which are recorded in a basic workbook that includes a brief written task in relation to the construction industry Health & Safety and communication.
Level 1 Award > Level 1 Certificate
Level 1 Certificate > Level 2 Technical Qualification/Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard