This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete four units in total.
● Principles of the causes and spread of infection in Health Care Settings
● Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infections in Health Care Settings
● Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in Health Care Settings
● Principles of infection prevention and control in a Health Care Setting
Protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within care environments. This qualification is suitable for learners who wish to gain a deeper understanding of good personal hygiene and maintaining a clean environment.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● The course is available online or as a paper version
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification you could progress onto:
Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care