This course is a knowledge only qualification and is designed to improve knowledge of the functions of housing associations and ways in which their tenants can be supported.
The course is delivered as a 12 week online distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with an online portfolio and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course. The course can also be completed paper based if required.
Throughout the course, you will complete 5 mandatory units. These include:-
● Introduction to the social housing sector
● Understand the principles of safeguarding and equality and diversity
● Understand mental and physical ill-health
● Understand reasons for problematic behaviour
● Understand issues affecting isolated tenants
● Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (Must already have a full level 2 qualification)
● Lived in the EU for 3 years
● 24+ (Employed or unemployed) – Please enquire – Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission
● The course is split into manageable units, which are completed and submitted online
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided online
● A recognised qualification is gained
This qualification can be a pathway to further qualifications in adult social care/health and social care or customer service