This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete six units in total.
● Introduction to Autism
● Using a person centred approach to support individuals with Autism
● Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
● Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with Autism
● Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with Autism
● Supporting individuals with Autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
Autism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. This knowledge only qualification is ideal for learners who wish to gain a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnosis and support surrounding autism, and what is meant by autism and how it is diagnosed.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/ Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● This course is available online and as a paper version
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor.
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification you could progress onto:
Level 2 Certificate in Health & Social Care
Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care