This course is a knowledge only qualification and is aimed to allow learners to demonstrate understanding of data protection and data security, to understand current data legislation, how to protect work and personal data, how to protect IT systems and the consequences of not protecting data and systems.
The course is delivered as a 12 week online distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with an online portfolio and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course. The course can also be completed paper based if required.
Throughout the course, you will complete 4 mandatory units. These include:-
● Understand current data protection legislation
● Understand organisational procedures concerning data
● Understand threats to ICT systems and data
● Understand the consequences of not protecting data
● Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (Must already have a full level 2 qualification)
● Lived in the EU for 3 years
● 24+ (Employed or unemployed) – Please enquire – Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission
● The course is split into manageable units, which are completed and submitted online
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided online
● A recognised qualification is gained
This qualification can be a pathway to other areas including – business administration, team leading and customer service and ICT