This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete five units in total.
● Explore Principles of Healthy Eating
● Consider Nutritional Needs of a Variety of Individuals
● Use Food and Nutritional Information to plan a Healthy Diet
● The Principles of Weight Management
● Understanding Eating Disorders
This knowledge only qualification is suitable for learners who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of the benefits of a balanced diet, the role of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease and increase understanding of food safety in the home environment.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● The course is available online or as a paper version.
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor.
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
Level 2 Certificate in Working in the Health Care Sector
Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Level 2 qualifications in Hospitality and catering