This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete six units in total.
● Understand Person-Centred Care
● Understand how to support personal hygiene
● Understand foot care for individuals
● Understand how to support individuals to maintain oral health
● Understand pressure area care
● Understand sepsis
This qualification is suitable for learners who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of personal care needs. The course is ideal for anyone who already works in this area, anyone who wants to secure a job linked to social care, and anyone who wants to gain more knowledge for personal reasons.
This is a knowledge only qualification and focuses on developing a person centred approach to delivering high levels of personal care.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● The course is available online or as a paper version.
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor.
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
Level 2 Award in Health & Social Care
Level 2 Certificate in Health & Social Care
Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care