This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete five units in total.
● Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
● Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
● Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
● Understand Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
● Understand the context of Specific Learning Difficulties
This knowledge only qualification is suitable for learners who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of different learning difficulties such as, ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia and how specific learning difficulties affect an individual’s life and those of others.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● The course is available online or as a paper version.
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor.
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Level 2 Certificate in understanding Autism
Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care