This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete four units in total.
● Gain Skills and Understanding to improve the experiences of Service Users
● Understand the Importance of Duty of Care in Adult Health & Social Care
● Understand the Role of the Mental Health Worker
● Learn the correct approach to Care and Management
This knowledge only qualification is suitable for learners who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of the roles of mental health workers, the processes and approaches involved in the care and support of those that experience mental ill health and gaining a good knowledge of information that is available in the care sector.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● The course is available online or as a paper version.
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor.
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Awareness
Level 2 Certificate in Working in the Health Sector