The course introduces learners to the subject sport, recreation and their own personal lifestyle. The course allows for personal and social development in confidence, social awareness and skills for work.
The course includes:
Working in Sport and Leisure
Leading a Sport and Active Leisure Activity
How the body works
Basic functional skills numeracy, literacy & IT will also be developed creating a balance between practical and theory based sessions.
The course provides an opportunity to experience real work in a leisure environment e.g. setting up and putting down equipment, health and safety of equipment, leadership, communication and teamwork. Visits out to the Sport and Leisure industry are also included.
You will gain the underpinning knowledge required to progress on to further studies enabling you to explore various career opportunities. You will support others in planning and delivering sport and fitness sessions along with applying skills in the work place through a number of trips, visits and projects.
Level 1 (Foundation)
- 3 GCSEs grade 1 or above.
All applicants will be required to attend an interview to discuss their motivation for applying and complete an initial diagnostic assessment.
● You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including discussions, displays, case studies, presentations, written work and practical assessments
● There are no formal exams for this course
This is a graded course where you can achieve a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
● Level 2 Sport & Activity Leadership
● Students can progress laterally to another subject area at Level 1