This is a full time study programme. You will undertake an assessment for each of the 3 modules/units. You must pass all of the exams to gain the qualification. You will learn through a variety of teaching methods which will aim to meet the needs of each individual and accommodate different learning styles for example, individual work, group work, discussions, presentations, projects, reading and writing tasks and interactive activities.
Throughout the course you will study 3 units in total. These are:
● Speaking and listening
If you are interested in further improving your level of English then this is the course for you. This recognised qualification will give you the knowledge and skills to communicate confidently in a wide range of situations and help you move forward towards your chosen career.
● You will undertake weekly enrichment with the opportunity to develop a range of skills, undertake charity work and work placement opportunities. All placements are organised and arranged by our specialist Placement Officers.
● You will gain knowledge and experience from guest speakers and educational visits
- Level 1 ESOL Skills for life qualification
You will undertake an assessment prior to being enrolled onto this course. Your assessment should show you possess basic underpinning English skills in speaking and listening, reading and writing.
● The Speaking and Listening element of this course will be assessed through a presentation and discussion which will be audio recorded by your teacher.
● There are also 2 written examinations for the reading and writing modules. These will each be undertaken at the end of each module.
● A GCSE English or Functional Skills English course
● Employment within your chosen sector where evidence of key underpinning English skills is required
● A full time Entry Level or Level 1 vocational course in a range of subject areas