This is a full time course. You will develop your skills and knowledge of Fabrication and Welding with a range of practical and classroom activities. You will be required to sit an exam for each of six units, two of the exams are online and four are written. Workshop based practical assessments are to be completed for three of the units. You must pass all the exams and practical assessments to gain the qualification. You will learn through a variety of teaching methods which will aim to meet the needs of each individual and accommodate different learning styles for example, research, assessments, group work and practical work.
Throughout the course you will study 6 units in total. These include:
Working in engineering, Principles of engineering technology, Principles of fabrication and welding technology, Welding by MIG process, Fabricating sheet metalwork and Fabricating thick plate, bar and sections.
If you are interested in a career in the engineering manufacturing industry and you have a flair for making things. This practical qualification will give you the knowledge and skills to move forward towards your goal.
● You will learn about the fundamentals of working in engineering.
● You will learn about the principles of which engineering is based on at this particular level and discipline.
● You will learn to produce components from sheet-metal to set standards.
● You will learn to produce components from plate steel to set standards.
● You will learn to produce welds to set standards.
3 GCSEs at Grade 3 or above including Maths and English.
One to one interview with course tutor to discuss your current skills level and make sure the programme is right for you to achieve your goals.
● You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including discussions, written work and practical assessments in the workshop.
● There are 4 written examinations and two online exams.
● Practical assessments.
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Fabrication & Welding.