This 10 week course is aimed at adult students who wish to learn about the repair and maintenance of road vehicles. The course runs one night a week for 3 hours 6pm-9pm for 10 weeks.
Each week a different topic related to vehicle maintenance will be covered.
You will receive a certificate for completing the course at the end of the 10 weeks..
We have the course starting in September, January & Late March.
Topics covered will include-
● Health and Safety Tools and Equipment
● Safe Jacking Points with Ramps and Jacks
● Front and Rear Brakes
● Front and Rear Suspension
● Wheels and Tyres
● Under Bonnet Checks
● Cooling systems
● Work with highly trained tutors on real vehicles and the latest training rigs.
● Learn industry recognised maintenance and repair procedures
● Learn how to use a wide range of workshop equipment, including:
Vehicle lifts, including jacks and 2 post and 4 post ramps,
Tyre changing machines and wheel balancing systems.
● Study inside our well-equipped garage and build your skills on purpose-built rigs for engines,electrical systems, brakes and suspension.
These courses are available to all adult learners, no matter your employment status, but if you are:
Not in paid employment and receiving a means tested benefit - please bring with you current dated benefit documentation
In paid employment but with an annual gross salary of less than £15,736.50 - please bring with you a wage slip dated within 3 months of the start of the course
This course is holistically assessed over the 10 weeks by the tutor. Students will watch technical demonstrations of the various repair procedures and then practice the skills themselves. Tutors at the same time will give detailed positive feedback to the students.
Students that have ignited their interest in vehicle repair within themselves, could possibly apply for the L1 body restoration course – this will further their skills and knowledge of vehicle repair.