This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete four units in total.
● Caring for Young Children in a Babysitting Environment
● Accident Prevention and Fire Safety when Babysitting
● Rights and Responsibilities in Relation to Parenting
● Parenting and Healthy Lifestyles
This knowledge only qualification is suitable for learners who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of the importance of correctly responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused, harmed or bullied. It is important that those working in the care sector understand the risks of abusive and exploitive behaviour that some children experience. Knowing what strategies are used to protect them from this behaviour, whilst following procedures, is essential to helping those affected.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● The course is available online or as a paper version.
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor.
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
Level 2 Certificate for Children and Young People’s Workforce
Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care.