This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete six units in total.
● Understand how to contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions
● Introductory awareness of sensory loss
● Stroke awareness
● Arthritis awareness
● Dementia awareness
● Parkinson’s disease awareness
This qualification is suitable for learners looking to start work in, or already working in health & social care, who would like an understanding of common health conditions and their effect on individuals. A good understanding of common health conditions is essential in any care environment, and this knowledge only qualification aims to develop the learners’ knowledge and understanding.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● This qualification is available online or as a paper version.
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor.
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
● Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
● Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care
● Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Management