This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete four units in total.
● Diversity and Ethics in the use of Counselling Skills
● Introduction to Counselling Skills Theories
● Counselling Skills and Personal Development
● Using Counselling Skills
This knowledge only qualification is suitable for learners who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of how counselling skills work. Many people find it useful to seek the support of counselling at some point in their lives. People in any situation could benefit from counselling; those with the correct knowledge, understanding and skills can provide them with support to improve personal well-being.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● The course is available online or as a paper version.
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor.
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills