This is a 12-week distance learning course, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. You will be provided with the resource and assessment materials to enable you to successfully complete the course and achieve a nationally accredited qualification.
Throughout the course, you will complete four units in total.
● Falls in context
● The risk factors and causes of falls
● Falls assessment and prevention
● Managing falls
Falls represent the most frequent and serious type of accident in people aged 65 and over. Falls often have both a physical and mental impact, as they can result in lack of confidence, isolation, fractures and broken bones. This knowledge only qualification is ideal for anyone working in health & social care and those who have contact with older people who are more susceptible to falls.
Aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year
Aged 19-23 must already hold a full level 2 qualification or equivalent
Aged 24+ - Employed/Unemployed (Proof of salary will be required for any eligible fee remission)
Lived in the EU for 3 years
● This qualification is available online or as a paper version
● The course is split into manageable units.
● Each unit will be marked and feedback provided by a qualified Assessor
● A nationally recognised level 2 qualification is gained.
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress onto:
● Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Awareness
● Level 2 Certificate in End of Life
● Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.