This course is a full time course ideal for creative students who are interested in developing a career in floristry. The course covers a range of floristry skills that are essential to the floristry industry covering;
● Designs such as tied, funeral and wedding.
● Provide an introduction to art and design for florists.
● Gain an insight into botanical names of flowers and plants.
● Check and maintain the condition of plants and planted designs.
● How to display floristry goods.
● How to decorate a function using floral displays.
Learning will be as fun as possible and you will learn through a variety of methods, including lectures and practical work, and will use a range of modern learning technology. You will cover all the floristry tasks expected of a junior florist. As part of the course students will also participate in interesting educational visits and work experience.
English and Maths are an integral part of the programme and we will work with you to improve your literacy and numeracy skills, as well as provide an opportunity to re-sit English and Maths GCSEs.
You are required to have 4 GCSEs at grade 9-3 (A* - D) including Maths or English and will also be required to undertake an interview.
You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including discussions, displays, case studies, presentations, written work, practical assessments and a multiple choice online assessment
Progression on Level 3 Floristry qualification or Level 3 Work Based Apprenticeship in Floristry.
Enter employment as a junior florist.