The course is designed to help develop the skills and qualities you would need to work in the United Kingdom Police Forces You will experience a range of activities including classroom based learning, physical fitness training, outdoor and adventurous activities and a comprehensive work experience programme with a range of Uniformed Service organisations.
Throughout the course you will study a range of topics including:
● Investigating Employment
● Physical Fitness
● Conflict Management
● Crime Scene Investigation
● Map Reading & Navigation
● UK Legal System and the Police Service
You will be taught by a number of tutors with real life Police and Uniformed Service experience and a Progress Tutor who will specifically look after your pastoral and study programme needs.
● The course includes a comprehensive work experience programme with involvement from the Greater Manchester Police, Greater Manchester Fire & Rescue Service and a range of guest speakers including former students now serving within our Uniformed Services.
● Students may get the opportunity to take part in public order training with the Greater Manchester Emergency Services.
Learners are required to have 4 GCSEs at level 4 (new grading system) including equivalents and will also be required to undertake a pre-course interview and assessment day. GCSE’s at level 4 need to include Maths and English Language or Literature. Candidates will be expected to be enthusiastic about embarking on a career in the Uniformed Public Services and engage fully with all aspects of the course.
Assessment involves a range of methods including group discussions, posters, report writing, presentations, photographic & video evidence and a range of practical and outdoor assessments. There is no formal exam but students are encouraged to aim for higher level grades within the pass/merit/distinction grading system.
On successful completion of this qualification you may have the opportunity to progress onto:
● BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Policing.
● Make an application to join the Police Services.