The Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing has elements of both central heating and plumbing in more depth which includes design and planning for bathrooms, hot and cold water systems and central heating systems.
Practical work develops hands-on skills needed for the trade; classroom work develops the knowledge needed to succeed in the trade.
A good level of Maths is embedded into the course as it is needed to succeed in this trade.
Learners are given real tasks that are assessed and tested to industrial standards. Topics on this course include areas such as:
● Health and safety in building services engineering
● Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
● Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
● Common plumbing processes
● Cold water systems
● Domestic hot water systems
● Sanitation systems
● Central heating systems
● Drainage systems
● Communication within building services engineering
We have industry specialised tutors that will help facilitate you towards a plumbing career, these will aid you and guide you to your chosen career by providing you with all the skills, knowledge and practice required. This will maximise your potential as a plumber within the construction industry.
Tameside College has recently invested in a wide range of tooling and specialist work areas that reflect the workplace.
Tameside college is a front runner when it comes to VLE. (Virtual Learning Environment) we have tutors that are specialised in delivering online learning alongside traditional classroom learning and practical hands on learning. Learners will gain experience and knowledge of using online resources alongside the practical elements of the plumbing course.
Plumbing is an exciting and challenging career with lots of pathways attached to the plumbing industry. The course will combine numerous core skills such as communication, organisation, planning as well as practical skills. The course will give you the knowledge and skills to progress into a higher qualification.
An Individual Learning Plan will be designed for your needs
● You will work with the latest industry tooling from companies like Rothenberger and Monument.
● You will be producing knowledge-based work in a classroom using the latest online technology
● You will be working at your own speed towards set targets in a non-pressured environment.
● The practical work you produce will be taught to you at a very high standard
● You will be kept up to date with your progression and course tracking,
● You will be made to feel comfortable, your tutor will always be there for advice and guidance
Learners must have:
● Level 1 qualification In Plumbing
● Successful interview with a Plumbing tutor
● A genuine interest in the subject
● Good communication skills
● A hardworking approach towards the industry
Assessment is ongoing throughout the duration of the course. All units will be assessed via your knowledge of specific units (Theory based exams) Skills (Practical based assessments) and your overall attitude and behaviour towards the course.