The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions and how to assess and give constructive feedback.
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers in the further education and skills sector, such as:
● the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
● inclusive teaching and learning approaches
● assessment of learners
● facilitating learning and development for individuals
● facilitating learning and development in groups
● understanding principles and practices of assessment
You will need to have Level 2 in Functional skills English and ideally a Level 3 qualification or equivalent in your specialist subject area. Equivalence will be considered in specialisms where no Level 3 qualification exists.
Assessment is mainly course work with the production of a portfolio plus a microteach session to your peers.
This qualification can help you to progress in teaching/training and support roles in a wide range of organisations in the lifelong learning sector. These include:
Public sector organisations
Private sector organisations
Further Education, Adult and Community Education