Our Learning Hubs combine traditional learning material such as books,
journals, DVDs with our on-line resources. Through our online library catalogue
you can find the resources you need for your course or just ask a member of the team!
Introduction to Our Learning Hubs
The College actively encourages our students to learn independently. All the books you need for
your course, DVDs and magazines can be borrowed from any of the Hubs. You can search for books and other resources through the library catalogue, which is available below:
Online library catalogue
A reading list may be created for your course by your tutors or the Learning Hub staff. This list will include resources available
in the Learning Hubs as well as additional materials to support you with your course. Your reading
list will be available through the Learning Hubs LearningBox page.
What can I do in the Learning Hub?
- Access computers and learning materials – borrow a book or journal to support your studies or use a computer to complete your work
- Borrow fiction and DVDs – we have a wide range of fiction, graphic novels and DVDs to keep you entertained
- Reset your IT password – bring your student ID card to the desk and we can reset your password
- Top up your printing credit – if you have run out of printing credit, bring your student ID card and cash to the desk
How do I use the Learning Hub?
- Borrow – Borrowing resources is easy. Just bring your
student ID card with you and take the item you want to
borrow to the desk. You can borrow up to ten items for
a loan period of 28 days
- Return – When you no longer need an item either put it
in the returns box outside the Learning Hub or pass it to
a member of Learning Hub staff at the desk
- Renew – You can renew your resources by asking at the desk, calling or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reserve – If an item you want is on loan to another learner
you can call in and we will assist you in making a reservation.
- Call The Learning Hub on 0161 908 6662 or Email: email@example.com.
Current students can refer to Microsoft Teams for Opening Hours.