Carpenter Ltd is part of Carpenter Co. the largest manufacturer of comfort cushioning products in the world. From Carpet Underlay in your homes and offices to pillows and toppers you sleep on to the furniture in your home – We bring comfort to your life.
Reporting to the engineering manager, you will work alongside a team of time served multi-skilled maintenance engineers. The main purpose of this role will be to cover reactive, corrective and planned maintenance throughout the site with a wide variety of processes.
Level 3 Apprentice in Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician (MOET)
The successful apprentice will cover a vast range of learning during a four-year apprenticeship.
They will attend Tameside college for a full-time block release for the first year, followed by 3 years on a day release basis commencing from September 2021
On their Day release the apprentice will be studying both theory and practical sessions.
The apprentice will build a work based portfolio of evidence comprising of detailed job write ups, witness testimonies oral and photographs whilst working towards End Point Assessment (EPA)
The aim of the apprenticeship is to achieve a level of knowledge and understanding where you will be able to carry out the following tasks independently and as part of a team.
• Perform routine mechanical assembly operations in accordance with Company instructions and procedures.
• Undertake various types of maintenance around site but not limited to gearbox changes, bearing changes, belt replacement, welding and routine fabrication, routing electrical tasks,
• Operate hand tools, light machinery, and actively demonstrate all safety policies and procedures.
• Carry out all site PPM’s, using appropriate equipment and processes provided.
• Manufacture and assemble fabricated and mechanical components, from drawings.
• Maintain a consistent standard of work and performance that complies with regulatory and QA (Quality Assurance) standards.
• Ensure that the performance of work meets safety goals.
• Inspect own work to assure accuracy in accordance with Company and/or customer requirements.
• Assist in the development and implementation of ‘projects and improvement initiatives’ and identify where improvements in any area of work can be achieved.
• Have a can-do attitude to enable problem solving and site maintenance delivery.
• Carry out any other reasonable tasks to ensure site and plant availability.
• To work in line with the company mission, vision and values
- Good communication, written and organisational skills.
- Ability to problem-solve using existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks.
- Capable of performing basic mathematics.
- Ability to learn and interpret safety rules, drawings, operating instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with other departments and individuals.
- Well mannered
- Clean and Smart Appearance
- Minimum of 4 GCSE including Maths, English and a science or IT based qualification
Working Hours - Monday – Friday 07.30-15.30
Approx £262 per week. This will include your weekly day release to college as part of your training.
||Engineering Maintenance Level 3
||Stephen Moore 0161 908 6768 firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to Apply