Welcome to the Progress and Careers Service at Tameside College
The Progress and Careers Service offers information, advice, guidance and support throughout your time at the college and to help you make informed choices, best prepare you for your progression and enable you to give yourself the best chance of securing your ideal job in the future.
Our qualified and experienced progress and careers team offer quality Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) and aim to raise your career aspirations and build your confidence. We have achieved the Matrix Standard, the international quality standard for delivering Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) and we work in partnership with a range of organisations to help enhance our services for students, including access to career resources. These include the Careers Enterprise Company and other public, charitable and private organisations.
What you can expect from us
- Information, advice and guidance on training and study programmes.
- Advice and guidance on progression options.
- Tailored one-to-one guidance for students who require support with their career planning.
- Self-service using our resources and tools.
- Opportunities to meet employers, discuss job applications and interviews.
- Information and support with getting into university, apprenticeship, and job opportunities.
- Opportunities to visit workplaces and universities.
- Course advice and guidance to enable students to choose the right programme of study.
- Opportunities to develop understanding about the employability and requirements for jobs.
- Opportunities to develop enterprise, employability, and entrepreneurial skills.
- Help with finding part-time jobs and placements that will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Opportunity for practical skills-development courses, workshops and an interactive tool to boost your CV.
- Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) Strategy click here
- Provider Access Statement click here
- College Careers Programme click here
We use the eight 'Gatsby Benchmarks' to evaluate and measure the quality and impact of our careers programme:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
The key contacts are:
- Careers Leader: Assistant Principal for Student Experience
- Deputy Careers Leader: Progress and Careers Team Leader
You can find the Careers Team in the Student Hub at Tameside College and at T1 or behind the entrance at Clarendon Sixth Form College.
Alternatively you can contact:
Progress and Careers Team Leader 0161 908 6950 Or email us email@example.com