"Tameside College and Clarendon Sixth Form College will transform lives by offering first class education and training in order to improve employability and generate economic prosperity."
Believe and Achieve
Tameside College welcomes people from all sections of the community. In all aspects
of College life we aim to provide and promote equal opportunities for potential
and existing students and staff. We will pursue policies and establish practices
which are non-discriminatory. We will seek to provide fair treatment for potential
and existing staff and students and to value diversity in human experience and circumstances.
We aim to establish a constructive and positive working environment for all staff
We also recognise that our ability to meet these diverse needs is improved by having
a diverse workforce which generally reflects the local population and which has
the skills and understanding to achieve our service objectives. We commit ourselves
to valuing diversity within our workforce.
We will strive to become an organisation that:
- Accepts that everyone has a right to their distinctive and diverse identities
- Has a workforce generally reflecting the population we serve
- Understands how valuing diversity can improve our ability to deliver better services
and so reduce disadvantage
- Provides services which are responsive to the diverse needs of different individuals
- Provides all employees with the training and development they need to enable them
to achieve the College's goals
- Provides a supportive, open environment where all employees have the opportunity
to reach their highest potential
The College requires that every employee recognises and discharges his or her own
responsibility for contributing to the success of the Equal Opportunity in Employment